Boltanski or the modern art

Probably, it is not appropriate from my side to write some review about an artist like Boltanski but ...

I have no in-depth knowledge what art means but somehow I can still manage to make some distinctions about different schools and different streams. In my humble opinion art has stopped with Picasso and Dali but it seems I should update my definition about art.

Right now you draw two lines on a paper and you are just great. Similar things can be seen right now in Grande Palais (Paris). The artist (Boltanski) made some compositions out of used clothes. Honestly, I had some flash from my old memories when my grandma took me to the "brocante" and I have seen similar arrangements but at that time it was not called art but rather cheap life. Nowadays, people are paying huge amount of money to see such things. Quite amazing .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment