I am deeply ashamed

Usually I am quite proud of my hungarian nationality and roots (though originally from Transylvania, Romania). However, today reading the statement of Mr. Marton Gyongyosi, a party member of the far-right Jobbik put me in a delicate situation. 
 
He claimed a list with all the Jews being a possible "national security risk" for the country. This is the most clear and indubitable form of anti-Semitism and discrimination based on race. I am ashamed being a citizen of such country where such statement can be  heard in the Parliament.


P.S. I am quite happy than all the political parties condemned this shameful statement, and hopefully somebody will press charges agains this party leader. Unfortunately in the 21th century such a rhetoric can still have supporters in Hungary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment