I have spent some time to read the whole letter addressed by the Pope to the Catholics in Ireland concerning the sexual abuses committed by the clerics in the last few decades. Unfortunately, the mail is not convincing at all. It is just a mail and I think more humility should be considered, in order to address this issue which is called by the Pope just "mistakes" and "injustices".

I would be also more harsh then His Sanctity when he is mentioning about the "often inadequate response to them [gravity of these offenses] on the part of the ecclesiastical authorities". Yes indeed, they more tried to hide all these "mistakes" instead to punish those persons and let the truth come to light. So how should we believe anymore in the Church? Of course I am not against the Catholics, they are nice people and they have faith but I imagine their trust is not the same anymore. The Church or some part of the Church betrayed them.

His Sanctity, Pope Benedict XVI is mentioning: " It is understandable that you find it hard to forgive or be reconciled with the Church". Yes indeed, it is. I hope soon some radical measures will follow in order to never ever let happen such things.

Some of us do not want to admit the scandal hitting the Catholic Church even on the highest level but there is a huge problem and until now I have not seen a radical solution in this matter.

Jesus said: "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Matthew 16:18)

Unfortunately, this rock is more some moving sand now for the Catholic Church .....




1 Comment:

  1. K. Zoltán said...
    I would like to write just some quotes from the Bible regarding to this article:

    Acts 20:29, 30.
    I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.


    2 Corinthians 11:14, 15
    14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.


    I think this says everyting.

    There is also an interesting article serie with the title: "Is Religion Losing Its Influence?" with three article:

    - The Churches—Where Are They Heading?
    - What Is Happening to the Churches?
    - What Does the Future Hold for Christianity?

    These articles can be found here.

Post a Comment